Sunday, June 26, 2011

New Beginnings

Did you like my dramatic "New Beginnings" blog post title? I figured if I made fun of myself for it here it would make up for its lameness. My actual blog title, Paroi-Kate-Oh is a play on the Greek word paroikeo. It means sojourner and is the word that Paul uses in Hebrews 11 to explain Abraham as an alien in the land:

"By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God." Hebrews 11:8-10

I relate to this passage, because Paul is explaining Abraham's willingness, despite His difficult circumstances, to follow what God has instructed. He knows that ultimately, God's plan is sovereign and good and that our hope is not IN things of this world, not even comfort.

My So...I'm not expecting anyone to really read this. I'm not trying to jump on the blogwagon, but I just wanted to use this as accountability. There is a very clear picture of the woman that the Lord wants me to be, and I want anybody and everybody to be able to see if and how I am allowing Him to work in me. He teaches me so much, and I want to record it for myself and be transparent to all others as well. You never know how God will impact people through the spreading of His truth. I hope to honor that truth! Feel free to call me out if you think differently!

There are no rules here! I'm planning on writing about everything from what I'm learning to experiences to recipes: WHATEVER! I hope it's an engaging read for those who decide to subject themselves to reading and God forbid following me. My mom is probably going to roll her eyes at me for putting my life out on the internet...but that's OK. Haha A few goals to start this baby off:

  • Know the Lord more deeply through His Word and rely on Him more fully
  • Get in shape-glorify God in His temple, my body by eating healthfully and exercising often
  • Learn new things-how to play the guitar, archery
  • Grow a plant without killing it
  • Love my Youth Impact people-leaders and students
  • Love my Impact people-leaders and freshmen
  • Love my family
  • Love my coworkers
  • Love my roommates
  • Love my friends
That's it for now...we'll see how things go from here! Much love and thanks for wanting to get a glimpse into my life! If you ever have any feedback--constructive or positive, bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet wonderful Kate I'm reading from now on! Woohoo excited to learn what God is doing in you!

    ReplyDelete